Welcome to Year 6!
Welcome to the Year 6 page. Please take the time to have a look at what we have been doing so far in Year 6 and also what we will be doing as the year progresses.
Our class teachers are Mrs Jones and Mrs Kirk. Mrs White and Mrs Parrinder are our teaching assistants.
- P.E - Thursday and Friday. On these days, children are to come to school in full PE kits for the whole day and will not be getting changed.
- At regular intervals, homework will be handed out. We expect regular homework for times tables, arithmetic, spelling, reading and any other topic-based homework as it comes up. We will have more details of the scheduling of homework soon and we will inform you in good time.
- The children will be expected to read regularly - by Year 6, we would recommend half an hour a night.
- Spellings will also be sent home weekly. These should be practised 3 times a week, following the look, cover, write, check format. Learning the word class and definition of each word also adds to our widening vocabulary. Spelling books will not be coming home, but will be used in school. Spelling sheets, with words on, will come home but should not come back to school.
- Spellings and times tables will be tested on Thursdays.
As we progress through the Maths curriculum, we will be sharing the things we are doing in class here. The written methods we use and the conceptual understanding necessary will be posted for you and your child to have a look at and help with their mathematical knowledge.