Welcome to the Year 2 Page
Hello and welcome to the Year 2 page.
The Year 2 teachers are Miss Morrow (Class 2M) and Mrs Davison (Class 2D). Our teaching assistants are Mrs Lingard Cook and Miss Lonsdale.
We are all very excited about this year as there are lots of great projects, fun learning and
experiences to be had.
Throughout the year, we will add details of the projects we will be covering to the website so that you can keep up to date with what the children are learning. A curriculum newsletter and knowledge organiser will be sent out at the start of each term with these details on too. We will also regularly update our class page with photos of the learning experiences so you can see what we have been up to.
Important information and days
- Spelling tests - yellow books will need to be returned on Monday mornings, and new spellings will be sent home on Tuesdays.
- Homework - (This will start in the next few weeks) homework is sent home each Wednesday. Please ensure green homework books are returned on or before Wednesdays.
- Times Tables tests - these are on Fridays. The blue books will need to be returned on, or before, a Friday morning.
- RWI Book Bag Books - if your child is still on RWI Phonics, they will bring home their book bag book on Friday afternoons. Please return them by Thursday.
- Additional reading books can be changed during the week, but will need to be handed in to be changed.
- PE days are Tuesdays and Fridays. PE Kit needs to be brought into school each Monday and will be sent home to be washed on Fridays.
Please send in questions or comments using the email addresses that have been sent out at the start of the year. (firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com) A member of the Year 2 team will be available on the gate at the start and the end of the day for you to pass on any last minute messages. Please also contact the school office for other communications.
KS1 were lucky to have a visit from Sunita. She told the story of Rama and Sita. The children enjoyed every minute of it!
Here is the latest weather update from the weather watchers.
Year 2 have been investigating colours. They have painted with primary colours and and found secondary colours by mixing.
Year 2 have been busy planting their seeds in science. They have set up an investigation to see what plants need to grow well.
Year 2 have been busy using atlases and maps to find out where Louth is in the world.
Year 2 have started being weather watchers and gardeners this week. More updates to follow.
Learning Launch. Today, we boarded Kidgate Airways Flight 1 to our dream holiday destination. We had to make sure we had our passports and boarding passes, before travelling to the airport, waiting in the lounge area, and going through security and passport control. Once we boarded the plane, we securely stored our luggage, fastened our seat-belts, and got ready to go on our adventure. We had a wonderful flight and it was very exciting looking out of the window at the houses getting smaller and smaller as we flew over them. We had a refreshments break and a quick nap when the seat-belt light went off, then got ready for a bumpy descent. We can’t wait to find out what it is like in the different countries we have landed in!