Hello and welcome to the Year 4 class page. The Year 4 teachers are Miss Andrews and Mrs Jones. We are supported by Mr Stainton and Miss Hallion. We will be updating our class pages regularly, giving you snapshots of our every day learning in class and any special events we may hold.
- Our PE sessions are on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Children can change library books on a Monday, during our library session
- Times Tables: Children will have a personal times tables test each Wednesday based on an in class assessment
- Spelling: Each Friday, the children will have a spelling test based on the words from the Year 4 spelling curriculum
- Reading: Children will be expected to read regularly at home, completing their reading record with a minimum of 3 entries per week
Our Topic during Autumn Term 1 is 'Scavengers and Settlers.' The children will be finding out what our ancestors did in the Stone, Bronze and Iron ages.
During Autumn Term 2, our topic will be 'Inventions that changed the world'. This Design Technology and Science topic will focus on the who. what and when of product design and development and will lead us seamlessly in our Enterprise event, before Christmas.
Our Topic during the Spring Term is 'Active Planet'.
You can find out more about what we are learning across the whole curriculum by clicking on the links below: